The necessity of Road Survey Service
Road Survey Service is a must-have when the question of construction of a new road arises. Due to public demand or some strategic reason, a primary investigation is carried out to examine whether this road is necessary. The following points are to be kept in mind at the time of such investigation:
- The total population benefited from the project.
- The number of villages, towns industrial places, etc. to be connected.
- Agricultural products, industrial products, minerals, etc. are likely to be conveyed through the proposed road and thus help the development of trade in the country.
- Prospect of tourism, if any.
- Strategic importance for the defense of the country.
- Any other information related to the project should be noted
Marking The Tentative Alignment
After primary investigation regarding the justification of constructing a new road, the tentative alignment or alignments are marked on the general map and contour map of the area through which it is expected to pass. While marking the tentative alignment, the following points should be considered……
- The proposed road should connect a sufficient number of villages, towns, industrial places, places of religious importance, etc.
- The alignment should be taken in such a way that unnecessary cutting and banking can be avoided.
- If the alignment crosses a river, it should do so perpendicularly through the shortest width of the river.
- The alignment should not pass through religious places like temples, churches, mosques, etc. or burial grounds, burning ghats, and so on.
- The alignment should not be taken completely through valuable agricultural land.
- The alignment should not pass through the heart of villages, towns, etc, where the compensation payable is likely to be more.
- Any other obstacles or problems should be considered during the reconnaissance survey
Reconnaissance Survey (Reconnoiter )
Before starting the actual survey work, a reconnaissance survey is conducted along the tentative alignments to select the most suitable alignment. The following points should be noted during reconnaissance:
- The magnetic bearings of the lines of alignment are measured by prismatic compass and noted in a field book.
- The distances along the alignment are measured approximately by pacing (one pace or walking step is taken as 80 cm or 2.5 ft).
- The objects and nature of the ground on both sides of alignment, up to 50 m, are noted in the field book.
- Obstacles like a religious place or valuable structures, if any, should be suitably crossed over.
- If the tentative alignment crosses a river obliquely or passes through a wide cross-section of it, then the alignment is diverted suitably to cross the river perpendicularly and through is the shortest width.
- All other important points like railway crossings, canal crossings, etc. should be noted.
- The highest flood level ever attained and the discharge records for the last 10 years should be collected from the appropriate authorities to design the culverts and bridges.
- Preliminary records should be prepared for properties eligible for Compensation. Preliminary Location Survey
Preliminary Location Survey
After the reconnaissance survey, suitable alignment or alignments are selected for a preliminary location survey for detailed investigation to obtain the most economical alignment.
Final Location Survey
The most economical alignment is selected by analyzing the merits, demerits, cost of construction, etc. for the proposed alignments after a preliminary location survey. Before the approval of the project is obtained from the higher authorities, the final location survey is completed in all respects. The following steps are taken for the final location survey
After completion of all investigation work, survey work design of different structures, and total estimate for the project, a report should be prepared and submitted to the higher authorities for approval. The report prepared should include information related to the following:
- Introduction to the project
- Necessity and background of the project.
- Justification for selection of the final alignment and the procedure adopted for land acquisition
- Detailed estimate covering all items-earth work, road surface, culverts, bridges, compensation, etc.
- The detailed specification for the construction works
- The overall benefit of the project
- Conclusion and recommendation
Maps to be submitted along with the project report:
(a) General map of the country through which the proposed road will pass
(b) Route survey map (to suitable scale)
(c) Longitudinal section (to suitable scale)
(d) Cross-section (to suitable scale)
(e) Detailed drawing of culverts, bridges, flyovers, etc
Road and Highway Survey
We are a well-renowned name in this Sonar Bangla Survey Consultants, engaged in offering Road And Highway Survey Services at the most reasonable price.
– A highway survey can be used to provide an accurate layout of the road, utilities, drainage, overhead wires, nearby buildings, and other features. With multiple teams trained to
We are engaged in offering a wide range of Road Survey services to our valued patrons. Personnel who render these Road Survey Service have deep knowledge of these Sonar Bangla Survey Consultants. Apart from this, our professionals interact with clients and understand their needs to provide this Road Survey Service accordingly
Onsite Road Survey
We are offering a large collection of Road Survey Service. Our highly skilled professionals render this survey service on well-defined parameters. Besides this, offered an array of services is rendered using the latest technology.
We are engaged in offering a wide range of Road Survey Service to our valued patrons. Personnel who render these Mines Survey Service have deep knowledge that helps to provide these services efficaciously. Further, our skilled professionals ensure the clients that the offered services are highly reliable and executed flawlessly
Route Survey Service
We are a prominent organization, which is engaged in rendering Route Survey Services to respectable clients. These route survey services rendered by us possess four modes of working. The four steps are reconnaissance & planning, works design, right of way acquisition and construction of works. Offered services are applicable for making number of highways.
Road Geometric Design Service
Being a frontrunner in the industry, we are involved in providing our customers highly qualitative Road Geometric Design Service. These provided services are offered in agreement with the defined guidelines to preserve our standing in the industry. To add, the employees rendering these services are appointed after stern analysis of their skills.
We are a reputed name among these Sonar Bangla survey consultants engaged in providing road and highway survey services at the most reasonable prices.
Other details: A highway survey can be used to provide an accurate layout of roads, utilities, sewers, overhead cables, nearby buildings, trees, culverts, bridges, Manholes, footpath, Electric Post, canal, and other features. With multiple team street training.
Backed with huge industry experience and market understanding, we are involved in providing a wide variety of Road Survey Service for our valued patrons.
When the question of construction a new road arises due to public demand or some strategic reason, a primary investigation is carried out to examine whether this road is necessary.